Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts. The All Recipe website has an amazing recipe.
Make: 1x 7 by 11 inch dish
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Ready In: 5 hrs
- 6 egg yokes
- 3/4 white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1
- 1 1/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee, room temp
- 2 tbsp rum
- 2 (3 oz) package of lady finger cookies
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7×11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
If you would like photos of Tiramisu or more information click the smiley face below: